The Liquid Networx Solution Architects work closely with the engineering, development, operations and sales teams to provide highly available and fault tolerant solutions to enterprise customers. Liquid Networx believes in building scalable, cost efficient, and robust network solutions to help our customers grow and maintain their IT environments. The Network Solutions Architect is directly responsible for developing, deploying, and supporting those architectures.
Core competencies for this position include advanced knowledge and understanding of leading hardware providers and their architectural approaches (Cisco, Palo Alto, Meraki, HP, VMWare, Silver-peek, Riverbed, F5, …) In addition to architectural knowledge the Solutions Architecture role requires hands on ability to implement, troubleshoot, and discuss options and opinions with our customers. Combining this hardware knowledge with Liquid Networx carrier solutions allows our Solution Architect to designs and own scalable and reliable solutions for deployment in enterprise environments. In this customer-facing role, the Solution Architect can speak confidently to the impact that every component has and to the overall effectiveness of a solution’s design.
Job Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Maintain and develop hands on acumen of Routing, Switching, Voice, and Security technologies
- Maintain and develop knowledge of Wide area network technologies including MPLS, SDWAN, Ethernet, SIP, VSAT, WIFI, and 4g technologies
- Maintain and develop knowledge of IP Voice platforms, PBX functionality, SIP, POTS, PRI, and other enterprise voice components
- Maintain and develop knowledge of network security technologies and security best practices
- Review customer requirements; research and recommend possible solutions.
- Develop cost cases including hardware, software and labor to transition from a customer’s current environment to a proposed solution
- Work closely with internal sales team and external C-level clients in consultative selling role.
- Understand enterprise business requirements, issues and priorities, and develop solutions that advance our client’s business strategy
- Provide on-site and/or remote escalation and hands on troubleshooting support, and serve on-call on a rotational basis within the engineering team.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for operational readiness
- Build, tune, troubleshoot and document systems and services
- Create, maintain, and recommend security best practices both internally and for client infrastructures
- Create custom automation and increase engineering team’s effectiveness
- Configure and maintain virtual environments
- Create and maintain monitoring tools both internally and for our client infrastructures
- Take ownership of the successful implementation, support, and management of our client’s solutions
- Provide troubleshooting expertise, consultation, and options to ensure clients network environments operate efficiently.
- Train and educate colleagues about various technologies
- Drive automation and continued improvement throughout the entire IT environment
- Solve business needs with technology by evaluating different technology options and vendor products
- Own the Proof-of-Concept (POC) environment to assess the feasibility of solutions and demonstrate to our clients how technology can be leveraged to reach their business goals.
- Be curious, courteous, and a continual learner.
Basic Required Skills and Experience/Minimum Experience/Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Curiosity and love of technology
- Industry recognized certifications (CCIE, CCNP, CCDP, Fortinet, HP, Comptia, MCSE, CISSP, …)
- Strong communication skills, customer-centric, and comfortable in a customer facing sales, as well as, support role
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a hands on senior level engineer supporting an enterprise networking environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a collaborative role providing business justifications, architectural guidance, and support for information technology
- Experience delivering presentations and leading live demonstrations of products, services and solutions
- Experience developing proposals and technical presentations for director and C-level audiences
- Working knowledge of numerous network technology products and services and a willingness to maintain cutting-edge knowledge of network technology going forward
To apply, please send resume to:
Attn: Mark Wettreich firstname.lastname@example.org