Position Summary: The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer works closely with the engineering, development, operations and sales teams to provide highly available and fault tolerant IaaS, PaaS and Saas cloud service solutions to enterprise customers. By leveraging multiple cloud technologies from a variety of vendors to provide a true cloud-agnostic solution, the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer produces and owns scalable and reliable solutions with automated tools to provision hosts within multiple disparate cloud infrastructures.
Job Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Provide senior architectural leadership to all phases of the cloud program, including the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS) and cloud application architecture subprograms
- Review customer requirements; research and recommend possible solutions.
- Develop cost cases including hardware, software and labor to transition from the current environment to the proposed solution
- Work closely with internal sales team and external clients in consultative selling role.
- Understand client business requirements, issues and priorities, and develop a solution that advances client business strategy
- Provide on-site and/or remote escalation and troubleshooting support, and serve on-call on a rotational basis
- Develop and deliver customized cloud Paas, Iaas, and Saas solutions to clients
- Create and maintain technical documentation for operational readiness
- Build, tune, troubleshoot and document systems in high availability clusters
- Create and maintain security best practices
- Create custom automation for host provisioning on various cloud platforms
- Configure and maintain virtual networking, including load balancers, firewalls and switches
- Create and maintain production tools for day-to-day operations and 24×7 monitoring
- Participate in significant architectural decisions about the next iterations of the cloud
- Take ownership of important components of the architecture that powers our cloud and the clouds of our clients
- Provide troubleshooting expertise for virtualization performance and other issues
- Train and educate sales colleagues about various cloud technologies
- Drive automation and provisioning throughout the entire IT environment
- Solve business needs with technology by evaluating different technology options and vendor products
- Provide Proof-of-Concept (POC) environment and advising on design and implementation approaches to assess the feasibility of solutions and demonstrate to our clients how technology can be leveraged
Basic Required Skills and Experience/Minimum Experience/Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills, customer-centric, and comfortable in a sales support role as needed
- Assist in preparing and delivering product presentations to customers and prospects during customer meetings and marketing seminars and live demonstrations of cloud-based products, services and solutions
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in cloud infrastructure architecture
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in a sales support/consulting position and solution selling
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with Line of Business (LOB) and IT client executives effectively in a collaborative role
- Minimum years of experience developing customer proposals, technical presentations and landscape diagrams
- Working knowledge of numerous cloud-based products and services and a willingness to maintain cutting-edge knowledge of cloud-based technology going forward
- Experience in working with C-level clients effectively in a collaborative role
If you are interested in this position, please download and send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.